Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Times Like This

Working from home has its ups and downs. One of the downs is my daughter spends more time watching TV than I'd like. Another is that it's so much harder to leave work "at work." In the evenings and weekends the computer is always taunting me with all the things I need to do.

This morning I experienced one of the ups of working at home. I'd put the baby down for his morning nap, and then peeked in about 10 minutes later expecting him to be asleep. He was still quietly looking around his room though. So I picked him up and cradled him, walking until he fell asleep. As I kissed his sweet little head and put him back down in his crib I felt so lucky.

Yes, maybe my job is being not-so-subtle about wanting me to come back to the office, and yes, maybe my house is a wreck, and yes, sometimes I feel guilty and think my daughter would be happier spending her days playing with other kids.

But now and then there's a moment like this and I know this is the right thing for us right now.

2 comments:

Sanya said...

Amen, sister.

Lynzee said...

Time falls away, but these small hours and these little wonders still remain.