Monday, August 4, 2008

Roast Your Veggies Peeps

How how how do we ever get our children to eat their vegetables.

We boil em.
Bake em.
Puree em.
Disguise them in dips.
Bribe em.

But, have you tried roasting them?

Take your cookie sheet and dump some chopped potatoes on it, red or white will do. This sounds familiar, right? Usually you dump some rosemary and garlic or some other spices on it.

But have you ever tossed oh, other things in it?

I take a cooke sheet, dump a few chopped potatoes on it, and then toss in whatever vegetable I have on hand. I mix it up, too, so there's usually three or four vegetables in there.

Pour some olive oil on it, just enough to coat, spice however you like, and roast til yummy. The key is to make sure the oven is hot enough, 450 at least.

I've gotten everyone to eat vegetables this way. Things my children eat without questioning now, when using this method?

Well, lets see, I've done:

Potatoes
Onion
Garlic
Green beans
Asparagus
Brocolli
Cauliflower
Zuchinni
Squash
Carrots
Parsnips

I mean, ANYTHING goes.

No comments: