Sunday, September 14, 2008

6-day old pajamas

I am tempted not to post this, even though we try to write honestly about the ups and downs we encounter as we try to be good moms. Here goes. See those brown stripy jammies my baby is wearing two posts down as he happily chews on the rubbery lid of that medicine dropper? I haven't done laundry this week AND I changed him out of those tonight. TONIGHT.

So my mind is racing. Did he wear those jammies for 6 days in a row? Did he???

*think*
*think*

*LIGHTBULB ON* I remember! I for sure had him in a stripey shirt and overalls on Friday. Thank goodness. 3 days in same clothes IS acceptable, if not desirable. 6 days and my brain starts to melt.

I was gone all day yesterday and my husband had the kids on his own. Maybe he picked the jammies up out of the hamper (I mean off the floor, who am I kidding) and decided they would be fine. Maybe I even did it last night, I was very exhausted.

This is in direct contrast to his sister that changes her clothes at least 3 times/day.

3 comments:

Lahdeedah said...

So,

What does it say about me, if I have them wear the same pajamas every night for one week?

Since they sorta only sleep in them, and most certainly never loll about in them til, like, 2 p.m. on a weekend or anything...

RainyPM said...

It says you're a brilliant conservationalist, not producing as much dirty laundry. :)

PsychMamma said...

Um...(sheepishly) is there something wrong with wearing pajamas for six days??